October 4, 2009

Fun idea for all your wallet size pictures

This is what I came up with to display all my wallet size pictures I have been given throughout the years. Pretty neat huh? Total cost for this project was $7 and about 2 hours of labor. This frame was purchased at Hobby Lobby for $6.99, original price was $69.99...yeah I scored! The ribbons, glass bead pins,cork board, and black and white toile fabric I already had. The Family plaque was also purchased at Hobby Lobby a while back, I just framed it with a dollar frame from GW(Good Will) that was sprayed white. We added the stripes to my hallway about 1 month ago, the same day we painted my daughter's room. I love it so much better now.
Here's a close up of the ribbon and the glass bead pins. If you missed the how to make the glass bead pins, you can find it here.


Here is what the whole wall looks like. On the right is my husbands family, on the left is mine, and in the middle all the grand kids combined.


These are my parents and my siblings.


Here are my husbands parents and siblings.

View of the right side of the hallway...

and the left.

This is my coat closet. Pretty on the outside, but not so pretty on the inside.

Finally, here is a picture of the way the frame looked before it met Miss. Heirloom White.

So there you have it, how to display all the wallet size pictures you probably have stashed away in a shoe box. Let me know what you think of my project, I hope it was worth the wait.

Thank You for stopping by.


Now go check out some more wonderful ideas at

XOXO

11 comments:

Six in One Hand said...

This is sooooo pretty Lilia.
I absolutely love what you did with the pics.

Way to go!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice idea, Lilia. I have a long hallway where we displayed all our pictures ~ it makes for a great gallery. I had to take it down because we went on the market, but I've got great plans for the next house's family wall.

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love it, what a great idea ! I really like the hallway, it reminds me of my bedroom.

Ana said...

Hi Lilia,
I love the idea. And what a great deal on the frames. Your hallway looks absolutely marvolous. I love the stripes. Thanks for sharing. Oh! And every time I go to Target I keep forgetting to look for the glass beads. I still want to make those. Thanks for all the great ideas. Have a wonderful Monday.

Smiles,
♥Ana

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

Love your striped walls. What great ideas.

Thanks for sharing!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I'm really loving the stripes on your wall. What a great way to display so many treasured photographs. Really nice!

Christine said...

Wow! That is the best idea for all those pictures!!
It looks so good with all the other picture frames. And I have to add, the stripes really do look great, also.

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Lilia...Whoo-Hoo! Loved this post and your blog...spent some time getting to know you! We have lots in common!!! So glad to have found you ..will be keeping an eye on your fun activities!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings....Stop over anytime...

Jane B. said...

What a fabulous n' thrifty project! You know it's Friday...you should link this one up to Frugalicious Friday! Love it!

The Tuscan Home said...

Hello! I'm a new follower of your blog and love it!

Wow, fantastic idea! You did a wonderful job! =)

~Liz~

Jane B. said...

Lilia,

Thanks for linking up...you rock! I loved your project too! Hope to see you this Friday again!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous