October 15, 2009

Entryway Makeover

This was my old entryway, cozy and cute, but like everything else I got tired of it. It began to look cluttered and extra things were getting shoved in the shelves. So a while back my husband added creamy white stripes to the wall, and it looked like this.
Then I added black frames with a touch of ribbon and now it looks like this.
I printed these out on regular white paper, stapled the ribbon to the frames and voila!


This is my touch of fall, cute white pumpkins and a febreze candle in willow blossom, love it!!
Here is the other little piece of entryway on the opposite wall. This is the perfect spot for my son's timeout bench. It is working out perfectly so far.

My husband bought this for him last year during the holidays, he built it 3 months ago, and I painted it 4 days ago. Talk about procrastination!! We are both working on it.
What do you think? I love to hear your thoughts and opinions. Thank you for stopping by, I will be linking up to:

XOXO


9 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks beautiful! Even the before was gorgeous, but I adore those stripes, the frames, the candles, and that time out bench.

dee dee said...

Love the makeover! The tan with black and white accents add so much. I love the after of the timeout chair. Great job!
Dee Dee

Tammy@InStitches said...

I think it looks great ! I wouldn't mind being sent to timeout there.

julie - eab designs said...

Love the addition of the striped walls. They are the perfect background for your framed photos!

Moore Minutes said...

Ohhh, everything here is perfect. I want the stripes in my home!! And the ribbon is such a fun detail.

Red Lipstick said...

I really like the black and white. I think I would get a time out just to be able to sit here for a while! Great idea about printing out the mom and dad signs - love them.

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I love everything! You have such great style. Thank you so much for grabbing my button. Unfornately, the code was messed up, but it's fixed now. Please grab it again. Thanks!

cindy said...

Very cool. I'm into streamlining right now too...love what you've done.
I did over some ikea bookshelves too :o) Love your blog, will be following. Pop over and say hello sometime.
peace.

blushing rose said...

What a lovely change, altho both are very nice. That timeout stool is cute ...

Have a great week. TTFN ~Marydon