August 13, 2009

front door makeover


Painting my front door was so easy to do, once I decided on the color. I first wanted a red door, but my husband wasn't to thrilled with the idea, so I went with classic black. Here is a before shot:


I used Glidden high gloss black and gave it 2 coats, no primer, no sanding. I just cleaned the door and went for it. Although I am not quite finished, I love the way it turned out. I still need to add my address on the door and replace that yucky door knob combo for a pretty polish silver one . Here is the after shot:


What do you think??





4 comments:

Carisa said...

Big improvement. You bloggy friends are giving me courage to paint my bleh front door!
Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog/

Terry said...

Now that you know, you can try a different color next year, right?

Unknown said...

Well I love it! Black makes everything look classy I think. Very pretty and welcoming.

Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 said...

Love it! I'm planning to paint front door soon and you've inspired me to go black! That means I'll also have to do the shutters too, which I'm not so sure about though. What are you using to put the address on the door - vinyl lettering? Great job!