August 25, 2009

cute idea

Like me, most of you moms have at least 1 after school activities you take your child to right? With all the things you already have to do and keep track of, it's pretty easy to forget what day you do what, especially if you have more that 1 school age child. So I decided it was time for my 10yr old daughter to take responsibility for her own activities (and remind me too). So here is a little something I did for her to help herself stay organized.
I used a variety of tags, glass beads, clothe pins, scrap paper, paint, glue dots, mod podge, and magnetic strips.

Next, I dug out my old calendar.

Here are some ideas I was playing with. The possibilities here are endless so put on your creativity hat on.


This is what I came up with for our calendar.


You can see which day I will be super busy.

This is what it looks like now. I also made a pop-corn magnet for movie night, and "your special day" one. ( for my use only) The circle one on the bottom right is water park logo, I cut it out and added a magnet, it was cute as is. (she doesn't know she's going yet)

Thank you for stopping by! I hope this was helpful to you,
now I think I'm going to make one for myself.
Do you have any creative ways to stay organized?

I have linked up to :




2 comments:

Six in One Hand said...

Love, Love, love this idea!!! It is sooo FABU!

Carolyn said...

Fun idea!!