November 2, 2009

Daughter's Parisian Boudoir Sneak Peak

Wow, can't believe how long it is taking me! It's one of those projects that you start with so much excitement, then slowly it becomes a pain in the rear. I haven't had solid time to finish the room, it's always in 3o minutes increments or so, once every other day. My 2 year old terror doesn't help either, as soon as I finish a nook in her room, he has rearranged(destroyed) two. So it's not possible to get things done with him in there with me. Anyways, here are a few glimpses of her room, keep in mind that they still need to be fine tuned. This is above her daybed as you can see. I am planning to go to Hobby Lobby on Monday to find that special something to add to the ledge. ( I already have something in mind, hmmm)
I love this sign(Hobby Lobby) and I plan to add a thicker ribbon to it.

Loving the banner, I want to add the word DREAM and still jazz it up a bit.

Frame+ picture+ sconce= cuteness! There is another one on the other side of the wall. The frame was gold, I bought 2 at a garage sale for $1. I added ribbon to the sconce for some drama (not that more drama is needed in this room).
My shower curtain turned cafe curtains. The lamp was a GW buy $2, the shade got a make over as well. Her jewelry box was given a face lift to match the color scheme in her room.
Well hope this will keep you coming for the big reveal soon, promise. Many thanks for stopping by.

XOXO


P.S. Sorry I stayed away for a week, I didn't have Internet service because I didn't pay my bill. Why?? Because my desk was sooo messy this bill was overlooked (lost). So lesson learned, keep desk clean. That is definitely another post, however I did get some projects and cleaning done. My husband noticed how much things get done when I am not sucked in blog land, lol, but I am back baby!!!

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great idea making the curtains from a shower curtain ~ it's such a pretty fabric too. I love the touch of ribbon you put around the white shelves.

Symone's Mommy said...

That looks like something from one of those celebrity kiddy sites, like Posh Tots or something. Absolutely adorable!

dee dee said...

Wow, what a pretty room! I love the girly touches, and all on a budget! Way to go!
Dee Dee

Red Lipstick said...

Haha! I just did the same thing with my phone bill! I swear, there is no excuse, because I pay it online!!

Love the room. Can't wait to see the final results!

Unknown said...

I can 100% relate to this post, as I too have a 2 yr old (and I too get sucked into blogland for strangley long periods of time when I should be getting things done)!

EVERYTHING looks amazing so far!!!

:) T

Tammy@InStitches said...

What a lucky girl ! I bet she is loving it.