November 9, 2009

Project of the Day- Glass Bead Tassel

During my recent trip to Hobby Lobby, I saw the cutest girly tassel ever! I could of bought it for $12.99, but why should I if I could make it myself. I had everything I needed already so no expense had to be made!


I pulled out my ribbon, glue gun, small styrofoam ball, and my favorite...glass beads. I used the lid from the baby food jar as my base, and just layered the ribbon around it.

I do have to warn you that I had a heck of a time getting the beads to stay put, for every 5 I would glue on, 1 would pop off. I think glue dots would of worked better, but I didn't have any, of course.
I think a perfect touch for my daughter's room.
Do you like??

Please go visit these fabulous blogs and continue to get inspired.

and
DIY Day @ ASPTL


XOXO


P.S. Thank you for stopping by, you are so appreciated.

13 comments:

jen said...

really cute and girly!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Good job! I love using stuff I have at home already!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it! It does go so well with your daughter's room. I love the ribbons you used.

Six in One Hand said...

I love it !!!!!!!

Jane B. said...

That's a pretty little bauble... Pretty ribbon too!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Sandy said...

Very sweet. I wonder if MIL would like one for her home?

Annette said...

Very cute! The colors are so pretty.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

This is just darling girl...Love the idea of a jar top thanks...Hope you have a great day on your side of the mountain my friend....Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for posting--can I get you to add the tassel party or my blog button.

It would be cute to do one with decorative papers under the glass beads too. There are so many options you can do. There are really fun to make. Thanks for posting to the party.

cheri

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love it...the colors that you used are so pretty...thanks for sharing it with all of us in blogland! Hope you have a FUN week!

Blessings,
Linda

Tammy@InStitches said...

Yes, I love it !

Unknown said...

Super-Cute and Girly!

Heidi said...

cute! love the colors you chose