September 6, 2009

Goodwill Goodies!

Another week of wonderful finds at my local Goodwill Store. I love the feeling I get when I find stuff I actually need, don't you. For example, I needed a lamp for my daughter's room (which is still in the works) and I found the perfect one for $2.75, all it needs is a shade makeover.

I also scored on the cute white shelf ($5.00), lrg birdhouse($$3.50), wall outdoor plaques (3.75 each), glass beads ($1), gold alphabet blocks(.75), sm bird house(.75) and a brown candle holder ( I think that's what it is, all I know is that it will get a heirloom white makeover).


Closer look at the lrg bird house, I'm thinking some pretty spa blue candles with lrg glass beads. Any other ideas??


Love what the plaques say, I thought about painting them white, what do you think? They are pretty as is....hmmm.(help)


Thank you so much for stopping by, your visit is very appreciated. They actually feel like warm hugs (wink).





Make sure to check out all 3 wonderful blogs!!

xoxo


17 comments:

Brittany said...

love the birdhouses!! this is what i did with mine: http://jobandbrittany.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-bird-cage.html

Jane said...

You got some really great finds....I love them all but the birdcages are my favorite!!

ImagineCozy said...

Wow! I am impressed --- you found all of those treasures at the Good Will? And they all look so good together!
-Angela

Kate Kubler said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! Be sure to follow. If you do both linking up & following will get you TWO extra entries in a giveaaway i'm having soon!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, those are all great finds. Love the big birdhouse. Thanks for joining the party today.

Shery said...

I rarely find stuff that great at my Goodwill. I have found SOME but nothing like that birdhouse or shelf. You are lucky!

cinnibonbon said...

I'm beyond thrilled for you. Those my dear are some fantastic finds!!! Ohhh I'm so envious.
That birdhouse is to die for!!! I'd love to see it when completee. I think I would use it to house some wings and perhaps love letters.

sharonavinger said...

Love the bird cage! Beautiful! I would not paint the plaques. I love them as is, especially what they say.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great finds! I love the birdhouse! And she shelf :)

Jane said...

Wow! Those are great finds! I never find anything that good. Well, sometimes I do, but usually not all that stuff in one trip. The bird house is gorgeous! I like the candles idea. Not sure I would paint those plaques. They are pretty as is.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great deals. Really like the birdcage.

Helen Joy said...

The white shelf is my favorite!!! Oh it's so romantic!

K@The Thrifty Teacher said...

Great finds! Love the birdcage and the shelf :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I meant bird cages!!
I am making myself look at every single one of these Met's today..and am getting a bit dingy right now! :) That is an amazing bird cage. You can do lots with that!! :)

Sue said...

I think you made out with some finds! I love the birdcage and the shelf. There is never anything like this in our GW... and if it was, it would be outrageously priced! LOL
:-) Sue

Jan said...

What fabulous finds! Love the bird cage!

Anonymous said...

It looks as though you found these goodies all together. Merchandising at its best! I am diggin' the bird cage...thanks for sharing.